Friday, July 18, 2008

*@$#*^%* Trains!

This morning I drove my normal route to work, I got caught by a train, and I mean the arms went down AS I drove up to it, I was the first in line. I decided to be adventurous and took a short cut, to catch the end of the train earlier. I got to the next crossing, the LAST rail car was in front of me, and the damn train stopped. I thought, Great. Then, the damn thing started to BACK UP!!!! And as it was backing up, it was SLOWING DOWN! Yes, it backed all the way up, back down the track. The cars at the other end of the train made it over the tracks before me. I guess God was teaching me a lesson in patience. I hate those lessons. They tick me off.

Dear God, I think I have enough patience AND character by now. Thanks, though. Amen.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Why is it that when the Universe decides to build our character, it always decides to build lots and lots and LOTS all at once?

The Universe is a Jerk.

Thank you very, very much for the very kind review/comment on my n00b (oo, too much time spent with son) spinning efforts! It was a real pick-me-up, and I really needed one today...

I will be selling the yarns from my blog, plus others, on Etsy in a week or two. I will put a link on the blog, if you care to check it out (I will be eternally grateful!), but right now I don't seem able to make two matching skeins, much less enough to make a blanket. Unless you are making one for a small furry person? Until then, one 4oz. skein in fingering or sport weight seems to be my limit.

I hope that someday I will be able to manage larger matching batches. A girl should have a dream, don't you think?
:D

Counter