Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Lost weekend

This is the 4th of July weekend, a nice 3 day weekend. It is hot and summer-y and begging to be out on the water somewhere during the day and watching the fireworks at night.

An acquaintance of mine (we used to be friends, but not so much anymore) has noted on her Myspace page that she is going to go to a Lake about half-way between the 2 of us. There are some mutual acquaintances there, and it's going to be a big Party on the Lake. This brings to mind 2 things.

1. The last set of pictures she has from an event held in the same place with the same people show lots of fit, blonde, thin, string-bikini wearing females with luscious tans and lots of cute boys to hang on. Now, I was never good with bikini's, I've always had a bit of a tummy. Friend never had that issue. Now we are in our 30's, she is still wearing her cute little bikini. I, on the other hand, am starting to look at the suits with the boy-legs, that give just a bit more modesty. Not that I WAS invited, but if I was, I would look like a giant cow next to those girls. Not real good for my ego.

2. What am I actually doing this weekend? Am I going to do something that would inspire pictures, make others sigh and say, "Wow! That looks like fun!!"? I am going to clean my house Friday, because it is quite cluttery, and a bit dirty at the moment, and it needs to be cleaned up, and then on Saturday, I am going to go to my parent's house very early to help my dad with his Fish Fry. Sunday, I will go to church, possibly out to lunch afterward, but no plans after that.

What happened to me? When did long weekends become "Finally, enough time to Work on things at Home"? What happened to going to the lake and drinking and playing in the water with cute boys? What happened to going out on Friday Nights? What happened to carefree weekends with friends, and going to work hungover on Monday?

Somewhere along the line I have lost something. I'm not sure what it is, but something is missing in my life. I feel like life is slipping away from me, like I'm watching it from a distance. I'm turning into an {GASP} Adult. WTF???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meee Toooo!! Roni

Counter