Tuesday, July 29, 2008

3rd Birthday

This past weekend I went home for my niece's 3rd birthday. It was a small little party, just family and a couple of friends. There was another little kid there, Aiden, he is 2 1/2. It was so funny to watch the 2 kids fight over who would open the presents, and who would play with it first. I know, it was a little mean, but they were HILARIOUS. I managed to find all of the pieces for our DVD camcorder, so I set it up on the tripod and just let it roll. This pleased my dad tremendously, as he bitches constantly about how he knew when we bought it that no one would use it and it was as waste of money blah blah blah.

After the party, we all went home and took naps, then SIL and niece went to Aiden's house to play in the pool. I went along to watch, they had a BLAST. Niece LOVES to swim and play in the water.

Then the adults decided that we would meet at another friend's house, so we all went over there, drank some adult beverages while the kids played in the play room, and then we started to play Wii. With the exception of the host, none of us had ever played Wii, it was SO MUCH FUN! OMG! we played and laughed and had so much fun! Finally, my SIL noticed that it was 11:30, and the kids were still up, so I left with them so that I wouldn't look too much like shit for church the next morning.

All it all, it was a fun day, and niece had a good day, and the adults had fun, too.

PLUS, in the Make My Day column, when we pulled up to the house saturday morning, niece came running out the door, hollaring "Hi Aunt xxxx" and "Pick me up!". She melted my heart. She is the light of the family.

Happy 3rd birthday, Em. We love you!

Dear Lord, Thank you.

No comments:

Counter