Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day at home

I went home this weekend.  It wasn't my dream weekend, but then my dream weekend would have been at a lake with a bunch of people drinking beer and playing in the water.  I went home saturday, my dad took my mom and I to the new Indiana Jones movie...I liked it.  I know the critics were a little hard on the movie, but I liked it.  I would like to see it again, so I'm going to see if I can find someone to go with me this week.  I was going to go home on sunday, but my dad had lots of stuff for me to do, so I stayed until monday afternoon.  I have a very hard time saying no to them since mom has gotten better.  Besides, I  have actually begun to enjoy spending time with the folks.  I feel better about someday having a husband after I spend time with my parents now.  For the first time in many years, my dad is smiling, and laughing, and has a sense of humor.  It is so nice seeing them like this, it speaks to something in my soul, it gives me peace deep inside of me, like something that was broken has been fixed.  A part of  my soul is a peace with the world knowing that my parents are actually happy in their marriage, and generally, when i think of them together, I smile.

No comments:

Counter