Thursday, May 22, 2008

It is H.O.T. Hot

One of the major Water Chillers on my campus went out.  That's what keeps the buildings cold.  These are new buildings that were not built for outside air flow, although it does have negative air flow into the rooms, so if you open all the doors there is some airflow but it wasn't cool.  It was HOT, and our building was the hottest on campus.  They told us that it would be fixed by afternoon, then sent an alert that one chiller was having mechanical failure, the other was having electrical failure.  Yeah...great.  So they are shutting down the AC units COMPLETELY in a couple of low-importance buildings.  They hope it will be fixed by tomorrow, but no guarantees.  I spent 2 hours in an animal room.  My hair was WET.  WET.  I had sweat dripping down my legs.  It's only May.  I was hoping I could last until June before I turned on the AC at home.  I took a cold shower when I got home, and so far I have managed to resist turning on the AC, it is cool out and the house pulls a breeze very well, but it will depend on whether or not I can sleep tonight.

2 comments:

Jolly Johnstons said...

Yup, they shut us off too. I'm so thankful that I got all my large animal stuff done early this week. Heat and sheep smells do not go together at all.

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! That is some major suckage! I do not envy you. Hope they are fixed by today! Love ya! R~

Counter