Wednesday, May 14, 2008

If it was a snake, it would have bit me

I'm doing this experiment, it's a bit complicated, not hard, but you have to be very precise and do it EXACTLY right. Part of this experiment is to dry some tubing with a steady flow of nitrogen. The tank I had been using was low, and I wasn't paying good attention, and it ran out on me. I put in an urgent request for a same-day delivery of another tank of Nitrogen, and waited. and waited. and waited. So I called the compressed gas people, and they said they could not guarantee delivery before 5pm, would someone be there after 5 to receive it? Well, I suppose so, I need to get this done today, so I'll be here. Then, at 5PM, I went to double check the tank, and then I looked again. There was a second tank of Nitrogen ALREADY sitting there, Right Beside the empty tank. I moved the regulator, and sure enough, it was a full tank. I felt So stupid. I looked at that I don't know how many times, and it didn't even dawn on me to look and see what that second tank was. Sometimes I wonder how I manage to get anything done at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happens to the best of us....believe me. :-)

Ronika

Counter