Friday, February 22, 2008

Men

I have finally come to accept that I cannot resist a man in uniform. Police, Fire, military, you name it. I even like those stupid blue one piece jump suits? Yeah. It's my dad's fault. He would leave at night in his uniform (when he had extra jobs), and then change into a suit the next morning. He also always used Old Spice. I still like that, too.

mm mm mm, I love a nice uniform.

What brought this on? I was walking down the hall at work, and at the end of the hall were 3 campus cops, the uniforms are a dark gray-blue with dark accents, and I thought, mm mm mm, men in uniform. I couldn't even see what they looked like. Given what I know about most of the campus cops, they were probably in their 40's, all married, out of shape, they didn't have much hair, but it was hard to tell if they were bald or shaven.

An old friend from undergrad and I used to laugh, put us in a group of 100 men, she'd find the only musician, I'd find the only one with a military affiliation.

I know, it's a sickness.

But I still love a man in uniform. The only thing I might like more than a man in uniform is a cowboy. God help me if I ever find a single Marine from out West.

No comments:

Counter