Wednesday, December 5, 2007

grad student aggravation

So, today I got some grief from my grad student, she thinks sometimes I work too fast. As in, if the animals need dosing with antibiotics, or sometimes when I'm dosing with Infectious Agent, I go too fast. This has never been a problem. I'm not fast, I'm efficient. I will always try to do things in the most efficient manner. I have never dumbed myself down before, and I'm not going to do it now. I refuse to take 30 minutes to do something that I know I can do in 10 minutes, and still be accurate. What's more, this has never bothered Dr.C, until now all of a sudden, Grad Student is worried, so it Dr.C.

RRRGGGGHHHHH

1 comment:

molly said...

I "feel" your pain! In AA groups I heard the saying "pray for the bastard" before. Not sure if that works but sounds like a plan. hee hee..

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I have anxiety disorder (generalized, anticipatory, you name it - i got it).. I self medicated for a long time with alcohol until the drink "turned on me" so to speak. After I stopped drinking, the all the anxiety issues came back with a vengence. I was recently put on some new meds for it and it is helping. But I feel too like I "should" be able to deal with it (breath more, exercise more, be more disciplined etc) instead of taking medication. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I related to what you wrote and appreciate the encouragement. :)

Counter