Tuesday, December 18, 2007

connecting

In an attempt to clear the demon from my head, I called my Aunt Marsha, my mother's sister, last night and told her of my baking disaster. She laughed with me, and we talked for about 1/2 an hour. I told her at the end that as terrible as all of my mother's health issues are at the moment, it had to be a part of God's plan to bring this family closer together. I do not remember more than once or twice in my childhood and adulthood calling my Aunt just to talk, apart from the times when mom was already on the phone with her and we talked for a minute or two. We talked for about 40 minutes about baking, life, kids, family...just talking. It was nice. I want this to be an enduring legacy of my mom's period of sickness, that this family is closer together. The suffering and pain should not be in vain, and I will do my best to try to maintain the bonds that have been forged here. God grant our family peaceful times and continued closeness. Amen.

No comments:

Counter