Monday, December 17, 2007

Baking disaster

I don't know how many of you are bakers, but I love to bake, and I've had my share of flops. Yesterday I made some orange-cranberry bread loaves to give to some people. It's a really good recipe, and it turns out very well. Except for last night. I got the bright idea that I could add some nutrition to this recipe by using whole wheat flour. Bad Idea. It made the bread a kind of orange-grey color, very unappetizing, and it destroyed the texture. It's crumbly and way too dry, it just falls apart around the cranberries. All in all, not the best idea I've ever had.

When this usually happens, I call mom. We usually laugh. Then it hit me that I couldn't call mom. I fell apart in the kitchen. I haven't thrown them out yet. I need to, but that somehow seems wrong to throw them away before I told mom my funny story. I

Someone today asked me how my weekend was, and i fell apart again.

This sucks.

No comments:

Counter