Friday, September 21, 2007

Breast Cancer

YEAH! It's breast cancer! If you can be excited about it, we are. The doctors are pretty sure it's....wait for it....CURABLE! not just treatable! This is the best possible news we could have gotten! If you call being told your mother has breast cancer Good news...isn't life a bitch sometimes?!
So. Here I am. Relieved that is a treatable-probably CURABLE form of breast cancer. I didn't realize I was this anxious and tense about the type of cancer this could be...it could have been horrendously bad. I feel like a weight has been taken off my shoulders. I'll probably be able to sleep tonight without a sleeping pill.

I'm certain that this will be a topic quite often in the coming months. I've always known that I am at a pretty high risk for breast cancer, but for mom to have had it twice makes my risk MUCH Higher. hhmmmmm

Dear Lord,
Thank you, that in all of the possible outcomes, this is the most likely to allow my mother to stay for a few more years. Be with us all, help us to stay strong for my mom, and for my dad. And THANK YOU that this wasn't lung cancer...my father would have had a breakdown if he thought he had given my mother lung cancer. Amen.

No comments:

Counter