Thursday, August 16, 2007

6 Iraq Casualities

This morning I received an email from a friend of mine (we dated a couple of years back. The romantic relationship didn't work, but we've remained in contact, and I consider him a friend). He is serving somewhere in Iraq, he can't disclose where. He pilots helicopters. 6 men of his unit were killed several days ago. All contact was halted until next of kin were notified. He wasn't hurt, but his fellow soldiers, friends, were. They left behind families, children, wives, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers. While the war is often on my mind, and always at the back of my mind, this has brought it especially close to home. I knew W was in Iraq, but it was rather abstract until now. I've had a hard time working today, because all I can think about are the families of the fallen men. I'm not usually a crying person, but today the tears have been very close to the surface. May God grant us an end to the war soon.

Please, pray for all of our troops.

Lord, remind me of how good I really have it. I sleep in a comfortable bed, in a cool house with modern appliances and luxuries that many people can't even dream of. I have a job that pays for all of my needs, and most of my wants. I have a family that I can call at any time, and I don't have to worry that they will be killed by bombs, IED's, or enemy soldiers. Remind me that there are people who put their life on the line every day so that I can live this way. Give the friends and families of the fallen soldiers peace in this difficult time, and grant them the strength to overcome with their grief. Be with us all, Lord, and remind us that in ALL things, you work for good. Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sneaks up on you sometimes. How much danger the ones we love can find themselves in. I also pray for an end to this conflict, but as well I thank God for the men and women who help to defend our freedom. Freedom comes at a steep price, I just wish more people could not only understand the actual sacrifice that many must endure to maintain that freedom, but also what type of dedication it takes to go where ordered & do their job.

Love ya babe!
RWilliams

Whole House Dehumidifier said...

Freedom is such a deceptive term for it is not at any level free. Blood has been spilled since the dawn of humankind for freedom.

Counter