Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why, oh Why?

Dear Lord, why do you allow me to continually make myself look bad over and over again, and to the same people? Every time I think I'm going to redeem myself, I stuff my foot in my mouth AGAIN. How can a loving and caring God allow me to do this time and again? Aren't you supposed to protect fools (and small children...and ships called Enterprise...), even ...especially ... from themselves?? I realize that you cannot perform miracles all the time, but if you could just, I don't know, make me trip, or have someone interrupt me, or have me choke on something, give me a muscle spasm, ANYTHING, to make me stop and think about what I'm about to say or do BEFORE I stuff my foot or leg or hand or arm or any other body part in my mouth, I would be so VERY grateful.

Anyway, Thank you for this job, I really like it, and Thank you for the fact that my talent and capability overshadows the fact that I am occasionally an idiot. And thanks for friends and coworkers that can look through the occasional...ok routine...idiotic and inane things I do. Amen

No comments:

Counter